[MPlayer-users] connection refused

yyang at commscope.com yyang at commscope.com
Fri Sep 14 16:22:59 CEST 2007

Folks,
Many thanks for your responses. I reply your questions in one email.

1. Masaru, I don't know what LIVE555 is. I simply followed the manual,
unpack the tar, configure, make and make install. That's it.

2. Krzysztof's comments on Apache made me to recall that I probably don't
have it. I need to check. Would Apache2 web server affect RTSP as well?
I got the same "connection refused" error when I entered "mplayer
rtsp//server/..."

3. Jack, you asked "can he log in across his network and get an Xwindows
connection on the machine he intends to
run mplayer on (the server)?  I'd _guess_ this would be a minimum
requirement."
I don't understand this question. My goal is to start the mplayer at
'workstation' machine, but play a video saved in 'server' machine.

Frank

"Jack Smith" <jack.delbert at gmail.com>
Sent by: mplayer-users-bounces at mplayerhq.hu
09/14/2007 07:10 AM
Please respond to
"MPlayer usage questions, feature requests, bug reports"
<mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>

"MPlayer usage questions, feature requests, bug reports"
<mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>
cc

Subject
Re: [MPlayer-users] connection refused

On 9/14/07, Krzysztof Duchnowski <amidk75 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Masaru Nomiya pisze:
>
> > Frank> I got Frank> Connecting to server 169.254.15.100
> > [169.254.15.100]:80... Frank> Connect error: Connection refused
> > Frank> File note found '//server:80/root/video/test.MPG' Frank>
> > Failed to open http://server:80/root/video/test.MPG Frank> Existing
>
> > Frank> I got the same error "conenction refused" when I used Frank>
> > mplayer rtsp://... Frank> mplayer ftp://...
>
> > Did you compile mplayer with LIVE555?
>
> First of all did he started any server on "server" machine? For
> "http://server:80/..." it could be Apache2, on "server" machine side.

Not sure if this is what's needed for mplayer, since I don't have any
"remote" machines working to try it on, but can he log in across his
network and get an Xwindows connection on the machine he intends to
run mplayer on (the server)?  I'd _guess_ this would be a minimum
requirement.
Jack

--
English doesn't borrow from other languages -- English follows other
languages down dark alleys and takes what it wants.