[MPlayer-users] Getting mplayer to work with lirc

Craig Hagerman craighagerman at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 01:42:34 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have an entry for mplayer in ~/.lircrc.I just set up an IR receiver +
remote and the lirc software and all of it is working correctly. Now I am a
bit unsure how to get mplayer to work with lirc and I read the documents
page (Docs:Control). On that page it says:

"If you have the LIRC package installed, configure will autodetect it. If
everything went fine, MPlayer will print "Setting up LIRC support..." on
startup."

I am not sure what this means. There doesn't seem to be a flag such as
"mplayer -configure". Can anyone elaborate on what I am supposed to do with
mplayer?

Craig Hagerman

[Ubuntu 7.04, mplayer version 2:1.0~rc1-0ubuntu9]