[MPlayer-users] 1.0rc2 on osx: unable to load subfonts

Ulion ulion2002 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 08:00:12 CET 2007

2007/11/11, William Xu <william.xwl at gmail.com>:
> Ulion <ulion2002 at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > .sub can not be loaded without .idx file, it seems, or did your .sub is in rar?
>
> Oh, you are right. The .idx differs from .sub and .avi files. Now it can
> show subtitles, although i still find it display the same complaints,
> weird.
>
> >> Also, i press `o', but the OSD menu doesn't show at all.
> >>
> > You need sub font put it as ~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf
>
> I already did: cp "/Library/Fonts/Comic Sans MS.ttf" ~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf
>
> But OSD menu still won't show up.

Indeed, that need the output message to judge, you can add '-v' to
mplayer command line to get a more detail output and post here. The
same ttf file you metioned works for me, so probably it's your build
of mplayer's problem, such as, compiled with no freetype supported or
bad version... So, also check your configure.log, to see the freetype
part and post it here.

--
Ulion