[POOL] Moderate some users (was: Re: [MPlayer-users] Re: divx 6)

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Wed May 3 08:05:54 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 5/3/06, Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/3/06, Ivan Kowalenko <ivan.kowalenko at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [..]

> > One flaw is that you don't get everyone who replies to him. But at
> > least you're trying to come up with a solution! ;)
> >
> > Sometimes I think this mailing list needs something like a moderation
> > system, seen in forums.
>
> I propose to put Rich in the "moderated users" list. That may delay
> his messages by a good 24h in extreme cases (if I don't have access to
> a computer during that time), which would mean that good or bad posts
> will be held for moderation.

BTW, you can trust me that this solution doesn't please me, but as
many times, several people asked Rich _not_ to call names.
If Rich hates me forever for doing this, it's fair, but I _know_ that
Rich is an intelligent person who can behave himself, but won't in
_some_ cases because it's apparently a lot more fun to flame people
than being constructive.

Once again, I'm the mailing list admin, so _I_ will be filtrating
these messages, which will give me more work on my already overcrowded
schedule.

Guillaume
is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to
make him really know what he's talking about.