[MPlayer-users] Jerky audio, video OK

Fibonacci Prower fibonacci.prower at gmail.com
Mon May 1 11:18:09 CEST 2006

Hello,

I've recently come across a problem with MPlayer under Fedora Core 5 -
namely, that there are a few files in which the video displays fine,
but the audio is jerky and might go out of sync, such as this one:
http://www.missouri.edu/~bah347/gprime/nintendothemesacappellax.wmv.
I've not had any problem with most wmv files, yet this one does not go
away even following the directions at
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/bugs-audio.html. I have WinXP
installed on the same machine, and the file does not have such
problems there, using Winamp or Windows Media Player, which (I think)
proves that the problem is not in the file.
What is wrong, then? Is there something I can do about it?

Thank you for your time,

-Fibo