[MPlayer-users] Re: mplayer and fglrx [gl] Could not aquire buffer for dr Expect a _major_ speed penalty

Sat Apr 8 01:52:51 CEST 2006

Hi DP!

 On 2006.04.07 at 21:53:29 +0000, DP wrote next:

> Unfortunatelly gl and gl2 driver still works as it did. The performance is
> terrible. Changing option in xorg.conf to:
> Option "VideoOverlay" "off"
> Option "OpenGLOverlay" "on"
> did not changed anything.

Does gl ever works for you? I mean, do you get like 100-300 fps in
glxgears (software rendeding) or like 2000-5000?

If it does, then gl driver should work too.. You can increase
performance by using -vo gl:yuv=3.

If it doesn't, then you need to get hardware-accelerated gl rendering
first. In that case, rage3d.com's linux forum is the best place for
help.

--

Vladimir