[MPlayer-users] Why doesn't everyone use CVS?

Ergzay ergzay at everyoneproductions.com
Sun Sep 25 18:41:23 CEST 2005

Why doesn't everyone use the CVS? I can understand that some people
have concerns that it may not be as stable, but from what I've seen the
CVS of a project is almost always more stable and has more features. To
setup CVS and to compile it isn't that hard. If your on a *nix system
you already have all the tools or all the installers of the tools
required to compile. Windows users I can see could have some problems,
but it isn't terribly hard to dl a unix environment for windows and
then get the tools. I suggest setting up a complete "CVS for newbs"
article somewhere that will explain step by step how to dl and compile
the CVS from scratch. (I am willing to do it myself but I don't get
much spare time so I will help anyone who is willing to volunteer.)

Ergzay