[MPlayer-users] [BUG] Demux format detection bug (demuxer_desc_mpeg_pes)

christophe barbe christophe at cattlegrid.net
Sat Aug 20 22:29:37 CEST 2005

Hi,

I was trying to understand why mplayer misdetects some rawDV files.
After playing with the source (latest CVS snapshot), I figured out that
these DV files are misdetected as mpeg_pes files, this detection is
attempted before the DV one. I can play successfully these DV files
after commenting out the line "&demuxer_desc_mpeg_pes," in
the demuxer_list array (file libmpdemux/demuxer.c:101).

Would it be possible to move the DV detection up to avoid this problem
or are rawDV files hard to detect correctly?

My understanding is that there is no way to help mplayer to figure out
that it's a rawDV file so the only solution is to fix the mpeg detection
code or move the DV detection up.

Christophe

PS: This bug has been there for some time (2003), I found an email that clearly
refers to this bug:
http://itdp.fh-biergarten.de/mplayer-users/2003-10/msg00092.html

--
Christophe Barbé <christophe.barbe at ufies.org>