[MPlayer-users] Recording sound from line-in when grabbing tv

mail-lists+mpu at dogphilosophy.net mail-lists+mpu at dogphilosophy.net
Tue Sep 9 23:49:16 CEST 2003

On my own system (also ALSA) I have to do the following to get sound:

Set "Line" to capture, MUTE "Line-In" (I don't know why), and have a positive
value in the "capture" channel.

If "alsamixer" reports both a "Line" and a "line-in", make sure "Line-in" in
muted, and Line is set as the 'capture' port (and the "Line" volume is >0 ).

If you have a different sound chipset, the channel names may be different, but
I'm guessing your situation is similar to mine - it took me a while to figure
out that I needed to mute "Line-In" and record from "Line".