[MPlayer-users] Distortion between different versions of MPlayer/Mencoder

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Sat Oct 4 08:40:38 CEST 2003

Okay, I've got an unusual, and worrysome problem here.  I have been
trying different version of Mplayer for some time, and switching back
and forth as required due to bugs, et al.

The problem I'm comming across, is that files encoded with mencoder-1x
show distortion when played with Mplayer-0.9x (typically starting around
the edge of the picture, but further in if the screen pans quickly), and
vise versa as well.

This concerns me mostly because of Archive issues...  This seems to mean
that the hundreds of videos I have encoded using mencoder-0.9x will show
distortion with 1.x, and vise versa.

First I'd like to ask if anyone else is having this problem.  If it's a
bug in mplayer/mencoder, is it a bug with 0.9x or 1.x?

If mails indicate nobody else is having this problem, I'll create a
bug-report, screenshots, samples, etc, (and hope the problem isn't in 0.9x).