[MPlayer-users] Just downloaded MPlayer and have error

Laura Vance vancel at amiga.nols.com
Mon Nov 10 01:13:37 CET 2003

Hello,

I just downloaded MPlayer and everything installed fine.  The interface
comes up, and everything is fine, but I get an error box that pops up
and says "cannot create table".  Then I go into all of the settings and
make sure that everything looks ok.  When I start a video, that window
keeps popping up and going away... so fast that it's almost like it's
happening on every frame.

I'm sure that since I didn't find this problem in the manual that it's
probably something that is either really easy to fix or nobody else has it.

I am using the athlon version of mplayer with an AMD Athlon 1.5GHz and
nVidia Riva TNT2 video card on Mandrake Linux 8.1.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't have much to do with my video card, because I
got this same error when I tried to install the 0.90 version before I
had my actual video card driver.  I was just using a generic video
driver at that time.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Laura