[MPlayer-users] AVI(DivX) and Windows Media files

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Mon May 26 11:59:51 CEST 2003

Jaime R. Garza C. wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have installed Suse 8.2 and then tried to see some DivX files with the Mplayer but it didn't work. THen I tried to download some codecs from the page
> and I did but I found no documentation of how to install them. I have a bunch of dlls and other files but I have no idea how to make them work on the
> Mplayer. Could someone please give me some advice.
>
> Cheers,
>
> JGarza

Documentation for installing mplayer is here:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/#installation

For playing DivX files, you probably don't want to use the win32 dlls.
Libavcodec is what you want, and it's included in 0.90 source. If you're
using CVS, you need to copy libavcodec from ffmpeg CVS - it's all in the
DOCS.

Read the DOCS, try things out, and if you have any specific problems
then ask us for help.

-Corey