[MPlayer-users] Re: problem with "-fs" using xv video driver

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Mon May 26 08:00:07 CEST 2003

Calum Mackay wrote:
> I'm seeing a minor issue when starting mplayer in fullscreen mode with
> "-fs", whilst using the xv video driver.
>
> The problem is that the bottom 25% or so of the screen isn't painted: I
> can see still my GNOME desktop (with the clock still ticking). The top
> 75% looks correct. I'm viewing a quicktime movie (The Matrix Reloaded
> trailer).
>
> If I switch back and forth to fullscreen using the 'f' key, everything
> is suddenly OK, so there's a trivial workaround; the problem only occurs
> when first starting in fullscreen mode with "-fs".

I'm not sure if this is related or not, but I have an intermittent
problem when switching from regular to full screen. Specifically, once
in a while, if I switch from regular to full screen by hitting "f", the
image will be completely black. Hitting "f" again fixes it.
Unfortunately, I haven't noticed any specific circumstances that produce
this. I am using xv through the proprietary Nvidia driver (which has
other issues, like junk on any frame wider than about 750 pixels).

Jonathan Rogers