[MPlayer-users] Video capture thread: frame delta ~ 12.5fps

Carsten Schultz carsten at gnocchi.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Wed May 14 13:48:03 CEST 2003

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 08:27:27AM +0200, Fabio Papa wrote:
>I know the subject has already been discussed in the past, but I only
>wanted to know if this is returned by mencoder or if it's a message
>by the bttv driver.

It's given by MEncoder.  By its v4l driver to be exact.

> Also, I would been interested in knowing the details a little, like
> what could be causing it.

A single line like this means that a single frame was lost (assuming
your video signal is 25fps).  If it is followed by a line giving a
very high fps number, the frame was probalbly just late a bit.

Do you get many of these?

> It happened me last night, but this morning the problem went away,
> using the same vcr tape on the same video part. I thought of an heat
> issue, could it be true?

Your VCR running hot?  ;-)  No, I don't think so.

Greetings,

Carsten

--
Carsten Schultz (2:40, 33:47), FB Mathematik, FU Berlin
http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~cschultz/