[MPlayer-users] Playing from a DVD image

Thilo Schulz arny at ats.s.bawue.de
Sat Jul 27 21:04:02 CEST 2002

Am Samstag, 27. Juli 2002 20:05 schrieb Haas Wernfried:
> oops, i think i didn't express myself clearly ;)
> i ment that i got the errors already when i tried to cat /dev/dvd >
> imagefile don't really remember what kind of errormessage it was (was there
> one?) but i produced images with size of a few megs (and of course not
> really everything on it). are your dvds used in that case protected by css?
> if yes, either dd works where cat fails or my dvd drive sucks ;)

Actually, the DVD image should be independent from the encryption ... the only
difference there should be is that the image from the copy protected DVD is
scrambled, an image from a not-copyprotected DVD is not ;-)

The only thing what the libcss code is there for is to descramble this raw
data and make it mplayer friendly ;)

- Thilo Schulz