[MPlayer-users] Panscan - how it could be done?

Jakub Turski yacoob at chruptak.plukwa.net
Mon Feb 4 10:37:02 CET 2002

Greetings,

 I wonder if it is possible to make mplayer display a movie with panscan
- some picture from the left and right cut off, video scalled proportio­
nally.  I  tried  to  use  -aspect and -monitoraspect but it scaled both
axes, and picture lost its proportion.

 A desired situation look like this:

      +-------------------4:3-screen-+
 +----|-----------------16:9-movie---|----+
 |    |                              |    |
 |    |                              |    |
 |    |       watchable space        |    |
 |    |                              |    |
 |    |      you loose Xed parts     |    |
 | X  |                              | X  |
 |    |     but the picture has its  |    |
 |    |                              |    |
 |    |      proper proportions      |    |
 |    |                              |    |

Is it possible? If not -- will it be?

Regards,

Q.
--
  (oo)  |                                What?!  No Tagline                   |