[MPlayer-users] xvid bug in 0.90pre6 mencoder

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Aug 12 14:24:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> When I try a two pass encode, the divx2pass.log looks like this:
>
> ##version 1
> quality 5
> Frame 0: intra 11, quant -1073749440, texture -1073749584, motion
> 1107463989, total 134659488

seems to be incompatibility between mencoder and xvid lib...
so mencoder receives bad nonsense values from xvid lib instead of frame
statistics :(

you should read bugreports.html

> Is xvid still supported? It's faster and I prefer the quality, and I
> especially prefer having the source, so that I know I will always be able

it should work, anyway we're all using libavcodec as it beats xvid in both
quality and speed...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team