[Mplayer-users] amazing divx

Felix Bünemann Felix.Buenemann at gmx.de
Wed May 2 21:29:45 CEST 2001

Hello Jean-Luc,

JLF> I played yesterday a dune 2000 episode (the first) and found the quality
JLF> simply amazing, far better than anything I have seen so far (looks like a DVD
JLF> as far as I am concerned), while still playable on my K6-2 400 / Savage 4
JLF> machine (around 75% CPU average).

Where can I get info about savage linux support? Just got my new
notebook with Savage MX 8MB AGP card and would like to now if there's
xvideo support for it (now theres a xvideo driver for savage 4, but
dunno if it's compatible with savage mx or same driver).

JLF> I would be very interested in knowing your opinion and how that was generated.
JLF> Please let me know if you want me to upload a few megabytes.

Well guess if quality look like DVD it's been grabbed from digital tv
as mpeg2 (can be done ie. with older german setopbox dbox + scsi
controller) and then compressed to divx (there are many ways to
improve quality of divx, it's the question of proper
resolution/bitate, used codec fast/low or both... maybe check
doom9.net for info on that).
--
Best regards,
 Felix                            mailto:Felix.Buenemann at gmx.de