[Mplayer-users] Re: my adventure with mplayer-cvs

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Apr 2 22:26:47 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > Following with this report:
> > any mpeg I try to play gets screwed!! I can only see 25% of the upper
> > side ... :(
> Anyone can enlight me with why mga_vid code was changed? old one properly
> detected all my matrox cards (khu hu, sound better then both ;), and there
detected? hehe
it was hardcoded that g200 has 8mb and g400 has 16mb. i can't call it
'detection' :)

> was no problem with overlaping mga_vid with XF86 memory ( no ugly dots
> around cursor when playing via mga_vid )
the new driver has triple buffering using hardware vsync buffer swapping.
it has much better quality, because visible frame is not modified, so no
horizontal lines etc while fast movements.

if you have problems with memory usage, just change number of buffers from 4
to 2 or 1. (mga_common.c)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu