[MPlayer-translations] Danish translation ought to be renamed

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Sat Feb 1 17:52:22 CET 2014

Reimar Döffinger wrote on Sat, 1 Feb 2014 09:47:05 +0100:

> On 01.02.2014, at 07:48, Ingo Brückl <ib at wupperonline.de> wrote:
>> Does anyone mind me renaming the Danish translation from help_mp-dk.h to
>> help_mp-da.h and protocolling this in the Changelog? (AFAICS, there are no
>> dependencies to be considered.)
>>
>> There is no ISO 639-1 language code "dk", Danish is "da".

> I don't think the intention is to follow language codes since nobody
> knows them.

It usually is for programs that have language files for localization. All
the other help_mp-*.h do follow these codes despite their possibly different
country codes (see cs for .cz for example). The configure script's help notes
that it supports the LINGUAS environment variable, which contains language
codes, not country codes.

As a Danish user you pretty surely know your language code from your system
locale.

Ingo