[MPlayer-translations] r20531 - in trunk/DOCS/xml/de: audio.xml bugreports.xml bugs.xml cd-dvd.xml codecs.xml containers.xml documentation.xml encoding-guide.xml faq.xml history.xml install.xml mencoder.xml ports.xml radio.xml skin.xml tvinput.xm

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Oct 30 19:03:02 CET 2006

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 06:50:56PM +0100, mail at kraymer.de wrote:

> >> I did it in a few steps:
> >>
> >> 1. (in xml/de:) for i in *xml; do iconv -f iso-8859-1 -t utf-8 $i >
> >> $i.tmp; done2. replaced the first lines in quanta editor which could
> >> search/replace in all files at once, I'm sure there is a short sed
> >> command to do that too). I used the whole  encoding="..." term to be
> >> sure not to touch other occurences.3. removed the old xml files and
> >> renamed them back (manually :( )
> >
> > sed -i 's/encoding="ISO-8859-1"/encoding="utf-8"/' *.xml
> > sed -i 's/encoding="iso-8859-1"/encoding="utf-8"/' *.xml
>
> Ok, thanks. Maybe that will be useful for Guillaume, or for me converting
> another language..By the way, which translations are taken care of (by someone else than me)
> so far? Russian and French. Polish? I could do the job for the remaining
> ones.

Since you have taken on overall translation maintenance, this is your
area.  For the maintained translations, maybe give a short warning
period, just in case some translator has something to say.

> What about English master files?

The English masters should be converted as well (not that it will make
much of a difference).

Also, the help files and the man pages also need to be converted.

Diego