[MPlayer-translations] groff command line

S Jin jinsh2 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 20 11:56:43 CEST 2006

I should always say thanks you especially to Kraymer
and Diego and gpoirier.

Kraymer wrote:
> Do you know about the status of the man page or ...

Hi, Kraymer, I belive I met the sync problem for
mplayer.1 when starting with translating the man
page:)

1.

The original Chinese reversion seems TOTALLY different
to the newest English reversion. And there is no sync
tag of the Chinese one. The process of my translation
is extreamly slow so far. Only about 800 lines (only
up to line ".B \-identify"). And worse, it seems that
I can not commit/submit the partial things. I hope
sync point can help me/us after the sync point is
found.

2.

The sync point is tricky to be determined, because the
date on Chinese manual is "2003-01-11" but there are a
lot of text does goes beyond 2003-01-11. The following
is what I determinded based on what I did.  If you
agree with what I did, you might take my point. That
is,

### The zh/mplayer.1 so far is MAINLY sync'd with
en/mplayer.1 r9821. ###

Fortunately the history of Chinese version is not
long. Only less than dozen revisions. The FIRST and
important one is r9845, and the followings only do
corrections on its English section titles (Note: not
adding new contents).  Then, the revision thich
zh/mplayer.1 r 9845 sync'd with is all the Chinese
ones sync point so far.

The last revision with "2003-01-11" on en/mplayer.1 is
r9644  (see also diff between r9644 and r9645). And
the most early en revision added after Sun Apr 6
13:27:10 2003 UTC, when the Chinese mplayer.1 r9845
added, is en/mplayer.1 r9845, which modified on Sun
Apr 6 15:48:21 2003 UTC. After checking the important
patches around r9645 and around r9845, I conclude that
Chinese r9845 has all the diff between English r9645
and r9821, and then, the next English r9845 added some
text not found in Chinese r9845. So if I correct the
date "2003-01-11" on zh/molayer.1 (in Name section) to
"2003-03-22", I could say: the sync point for
zh/mplayer.1 is r9821. Sorry, I have not checked the
whole (en or zh) manual from top to bottom yet.

Please find my_patch.diff enclosed. You can modify my
text of sync tag anyhow. So strange that CRLF becomes
LF in my_patch.diff created by TortoiseSVN. (Last time
I convert CRLF to LF first by Notepad++, then create
patch. This time create patch directly.)

3.

What should I do next for translation of mplayer.1?
a) Add the updated the English text/lines to the
Chinese revision first (, might also remove some
out-of-date Chinese lines), then translate the English
lines and/or modify the Chinese lines. Since we have
no good tools like help_diff.sh.
b) Partially sync'd with en/mplayer.1 from top to
bottom, leave the rest unupdated Chinese there every
time.
c) ... tell me your experence. The point is "not limit
only one person to update and translate it". One
person cannot do the WHOLE HEAVY thing at a time.
r20288 is much much bigger than r9821.

4.

By the way, en/mplayer.1 [Ln133 r20283] might missing
a space. "unsv ] ://" might be better instead of
"unsv] ://"

rgds
Sheldon Jin

Mp3疯狂搜-新歌热歌高速下