[Mplayer-os2] mplayer -- mms streaming

Dave Yeo daveryeo at telus.net
Sat Aug 18 18:45:05 CEST 2007

Marcel wrote:
> here it is:
> http://www.galeinai.net/course/view.php?id=15&page=audioclasses
> mms://ra.colo.idt.net/ginsburgh/eng/5767/en670701.mp3
>
> Thanks Dave for looking at this
>

> Dave Yeo wrote:
>> Marcel wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>     I would like to get mms-streams running on my eCS 2.0 rc1 system.
>>> To do so I installed MediaPlayerConnectivity 0.8.3
>>> but do not see an entry to invoke the MPlayer application (r23385-3.3.5).
>>>
>>> So I entered "about:config" as URL and created an
>>> new entry: network.protocol-handler.app.mms and assigned as value
>>> f:/MMedia/MPlayer/MPlayer.exe
>>> but in vain. It keeps telling me that firefox (2.0.0.3) can't invoke the
>>> application.
>>>
>>> I would appreciate any help to solve this problem.
>>>

>> Do you have a sample URL? ideally not to high bandwidth
>> Dave

Works fine here using mediaplayerconnectivity. I'm using seamonkey. To
set things up go to tools-->mediaplayerconectivity-->configure and you
get an option box(s) to enter your media players. Use the browse button
to find mplayer and click on it.
After loading the page go to tools-->mediaplayerconnectivity and you get
a list of all the mms:// streams. (Hopefully you noted which stream you
wanted by hovering the mouse over the link and looking at the bottom of
the browser.) Click on the stream you want and mplayer starts up,
hesitates for a few seconds then buffers the stream and starts playing it.
Dave