[MPlayer-mirror] rsync error

Robert Henney robh at rut.org
Mon Apr 14 22:21:36 CEST 2008

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 05:38:58PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 11:35:12AM -0400, Robert Henney wrote:
> > this error occured when my mirror tried to rsync at 03:12 this morning, and
> > when I tried again just now.
> >
> >  rsync: send_files failed to open "/.DS_Store" (in ftp): Permission denied (13)
> >  rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at main.c(1385) [generator=2.6.9]
>
> Dunno what that file was doing there but I removed it now.

file appears to have returned.  I think I now know what it is though.
Someone probably accessed the directory from OS X.  From the wiki
page I found on it, "By default, Mac OS X will create a .DS_Store file
in every folder that it accesses, even folders on remote systems".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.DS_Store