[MPlayer-mirror] [Guillaume POIRIER <gpoirier at mplayerhq.hu>] Re: Miroir

Francois Petillon ftpmaint at proxad.net
Thu Sep 27 15:36:06 CEST 2007

Diego Biurrun wrote:
>>I presume I have to setup a link from /MPlayer to Mplayer directory ?
>>I would have preferred a link in /pub/Mplayer (just like FreeBSD/NetBSD)
>>to avoid having too many entries in /...
> No, please keep it in /MPlayer.

Done but I strongly disagree about having such a link in root directory.
If all sites are doing this, it means big mirrors would have to manage
tens of links in root directory. Would you please consider to move this
link in the usually used '/pub/' directory in a not too far future ?

> My question is, can you make your mirror react to
> ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/
> ftp://ftp6.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/

As both of them do not work right now, I disagree... :-)
ftp6.mplayerhq.hu does not resolve and ftp.mplayerhq.hu has only one
directory : '/pub/' (well, it seems at least 143.248.234.110 do not have
/MPlayer/)

> so that you could be an official mirror that shares some of the load
> from the DNS round-robin.

the question was already understood.

François