[MPlayer-mirror] www4 and www6.mplayerhq.hu mirrors

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Mar 22 08:45:13 CET 2007

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 22:12:23 -0400
Robert Henney <robh at rut.org> wrote:

> just to elaborate, in the last 15 hours host 64.233.172.35 has pulled
> 3.7 GB from www3's mplayer mirror.  that's 55 times the traffic that the
> next most leechy host came in at (69 MB).

I have no problem if you filter people like this out.
People who use free (as in free beer) should behave.
If they don't they shouldn't use the service anymore.

On the other hand, this IP belongs to google and i guess
that it's a NAT system and those access you see are infact
a few hundred or thousand people accessing the server.
Maybe you should write google a nice mail to ask whether
they could set up a proxy/mirror for their people.

			Attila Kinali

                         -- Deed of Morred