[MPlayer-mirror] [MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer is looking for new mirrors

Maurice Massar <massar@unix-ag.uni-kl.de ftpadm at uni-kl.de
Sun Apr 29 00:03:10 CEST 2007

hi,

I've setup a mirror at mplayer-mirror.rhrk.uni-kl.de
(on the same host as ftp.uni-kl.de):

mplayer-mirror.rhrk.uni-kl.de.  IN AAAA  2001:638:208:120::85
mplayer-mirror.rhrk.uni-kl.de.  IN A     131.246.120.85

I'd like to setup a ssh-trigger (I do so already for debian-*).
Can you send me a ssh-public-key?

To answer the questions on "statistical and other data":

> 1) What do you mirror?

homepage
ftp (excluding /benchmark, /old_stuff, /test like in the sample script)

> 2) Traffic data:

Last month the whole host generated 25 TiB ougoing traffic,
which is quite typical.

Stats are availible at: http://ftp.uni-kl.de/stats/

> 3) Network infrastructure

The host has 1 gbit connection to the campus network,
which is connected with 155mbit to the rest of the world.
(but this should be upgraded to 1 gbit too in a couple of weeks..)

> 4) Hardware and Operating System
>     - On what hardware does the mirror run?

single Xeon 2.66GHz (with HT), 3gb ram, 2tb raid, and an extra
software raid1 of 2 disks for Knoppix only.

>     - On what Operating System does it run?

Debian/sarge (or etch soon)

>     - For what other tasks is the machine used?

only mirrors.

>     - If there are other mirrors on it, how many of them,
>       and what kind are they?

Knoppix (primary site)
Debian (including security, volatile, amd64, backports and multimedia)
Ubuntu, Fedora, Mandriva, Gentoo, SuSE
KDE OpenOffice cygwin egroupware gnu wireshark kernel.org

>     - do you have any special tweaks applied to increase
>       performance in any way? (like tweaking TCP buffer sizes, or apache)

We've disabled all acess-logging from apache and vsftpd.

cu
Maurice Massar
(on behalf of ftpadm at uni-kl.de)