[MPlayer-mirror] mirror in place

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed May 24 08:33:05 CEST 2006

On Wed, 24 May 2006 01:34:23 -0400
Robert Henney <robh at rut.org> wrote:

> went ahead here and rsync'ed a copy.
>
> 	http://mplayer.rut.org/

A few details: You should use our rsync update script
(www.mplayerhq.hu/~attila/update_mplayer_rsync) and run
it regularly by cron every 6h(recommended) to 12h
(see http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-mirror/2006-May/000137.html
for more information). This will generate two directories
in the root hompage and MPlayer. Additional to this you
should have a symlink DOCS pointing to MPlayer/DOCS and
an index.html that redirects to /homepage:
--
$ ls -l
total 4

Then, you should configure apache to respond on the
two vhosts www.mplayerhq.hu and www3.mplayerhq.hu.
When this is done, we'll do the DNS settings.

We would also like, if you could provide us with a ssh
based trigger like described in the mail mentioned above,
so that we can force an update of all mirrors when doing
a release.

Thanks a lot for your help

				Attila Kinali

--