[MPlayer-mirror] how would you like to sync the mplayer homepage

Botka Istvan boti at makacs.duf.hu
Wed Mar 1 00:29:35 CET 2006

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006, Attila Kinali wrote:

Ftp, rsync, cvs, http or its combination. It is not relevant fo me.

> Please tell us what you think and what you would like to have.

I would like something push+pull sollution.

Ie:
- main content is changing by editor
- it is automatically fire a trigger
- triger sends ntofication to mirrors
- mirrors wake up and syncing its content from main site

in closer form:
main site side
- a web editor publish something to the web system via cvs
- in the cvs pserver running a script
- this script generate html fils from cvs PLUS kick mirrors
- kicking: start a new ssh session via key auth
mirror side
- incoming ssh key has a burned in command (authorized_keys) to firing up
   mpwww-sync script (push)
- mpwww-sync runs from crontab also

What about something like this?

There is no externel code or extra account required to be run in mirror
sites. All transfer will be operate az pull.

But the
synchronisation will be both push and pull. The main site changes will be
spread on running sites of mirror network immediately. If a kick lost in
cyberspace (mirror down, network outage, etc) then the cron will try to
resync again.

---
By(t)e & 73! dx de Boti & (hg4lgn, ex:hg8lgn)
A member of HuLUG                     http://www.cab.u-szeged.hu/local/linux