[MPlayer-mirror] www2 and ftp2

Botka Istvan boti at makacs.duf.hu
Sun Jun 25 22:38:15 CEST 2006

Attila Kinali írta:
> Currently we only have two text links to our two isps of the main server.
> I guess it wouldn't hurt if we would add a link for each mirror.
> We could also make a page with a list of mirrors, who is providing
> them, and their location.

I sounds good.

I saw somewhere a cool trick but I don't remember which site was it. :-(
I don't remember the full sollution.

The outline is (that is in my mind now):
When you become a mirror you should:
- add the hosted-by.png and hosted-by.html to the exclude list (theese
files will not touch by mirror/rsync)
- make a logo of your organization (in png format, x*y res, etc.),
- put it in the webroot dir as hosted-by.png
- put a hosted-by.html file into same dir
- the logo will be included in the header or footer section of all pages

- hosetd-by.html file must contain
a) only an url
b) a simple html redirect page

In case of a) the hosetd-by.html will be use as a server side include
In case of b) the link on logo will point to the hosetd-by.html that
immediately redirect into the hosting organization's site.

--
By(t)e & 73! dx de Boti & (hg4lgn, ex:hg8lgn)
A member of HuLUG                     http://www.cab.u-szeged.hu/local/linux