[MPlayer-mirror] Re: www2/ftp2 MPlayer mirrors

Botka Istvan boti at makacs.duf.hu
Wed Jun 14 00:50:05 CEST 2006

Diego Biurrun írta:
> Hi Boti,
>
> it seems to me that www2 is no longer updating.  Could you check the
> rsync configuration please?
>
> Also, you seem to have changed the webserver configuration:
>
> http://www2.mplayerhq.hu/
>
> now redirects to
>
> http://www2.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/news.html
>
> when it should redirect to
>
> http://www2.mplayerhq.hu/design7/news.html
>
> Also
>
> ftp://ftp2.mplayerhq.hu/
>
> now has a different directory structure than
>
> ftp://ftp1.mplayerhq.hu/
>
> Some confusion seems to be going on here.  The mirrors need to match the
> configuration on the master server.  This includes creating redirects or
> aliases for the DOCS/ and MPlayer/ directories so that all links on the
> homepage work.  On www1 we have the following in our Apache
> configuration to achieve this:
>
> Alias /MPlayer /home/ftp/MPlayer
> Alias /DOCS /home/ftp/MPlayer/DOCS

Ack. There was some missconfiguration in the config file of ftp sever.
Anon ftp dir pointed to the web area. :)

I was a quite embrassed by new mirror script. (I used to two script
before it. One for ftp and the other one for web. (I thought the ftp and
web area was merged.)

Also there wasn't a \r at the cron definiton line.

 I built up the mirror system from sratch now. Also I did some basic
check (eg: torrent download - that come from ftp area,
url checks for not including homepage).

May you check it?

--
By(t)e & 73! dx de Boti & (hg4lgn, ex:hg8lgn)
A member of HuLUG                     http://www.cab.u-szeged.hu/local/linux