[MPlayer-mirror] Re: www3 permission problems

Robert Henney robh at rut.org
Wed Aug 16 02:52:04 CEST 2006

> I'm getting permission denied errors when accessing any of the
> downloadable files (releases, codec packages) on your mirror.
> I'd appreciate if you could look into that.

looks like a stale lock for your ip was being seen by the mod_bandwidth
in apache.  I cleared the lock (and several others), so it should be
now accessable to you again.

that "MaxConnectionPerIP" hack is really nice but still buggy.  I don't
believe the author has worked on it for years, so either I will give up
and stop using it or I'll try and fix the lock removal issues or at
least attempt to add some stale lock detection to it.