[MPlayer-mirror] mirror status

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Wed Dec 1 23:20:14 CET 2004

Hi everybody!

Maybe some of you guys can help me along with a few things..

I've just checked the status of our mirrors:

http://www7.mplayerhq.hu

just gives a directory listing with peculiar content.

ftp://ftp2.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/

gives a "530 login incorrect" error message.

ftp3 also does not work, but I have already sent Bryan Seitz a mail
about this, hopefully this should be resolved soon.

Another thing is the directory layout on the FTP mirrors.  Currently
we have

ftp://ftp1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer					Hungary, Budapest
ftp://ftp2.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer					Hungary, Dunaújváros
ftp://ftp3.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer					USA
ftp://ftp5.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer					USA2
ftp://ftp6.mplayerhq.hu/pub/mplayer/		Australia
ftp://ftp8.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/				Bulgaria

It would be nice if all could follow the

ftp://ftpX.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/

structure, this would make linking on the web page easier.

Unfortunately we do not have contact information for all mirror
admins, apart from Bryan Seitz (ftp3) and Attila Kinali (www4), so if
you know any please speak up now and/or tell us which mirrors you
control.

Thanks

Diego