[MPlayer-G2-dev] dual licensing try 2

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Feb 23 06:00:21 CET 2004

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 07:08:47PM +0100, Arpi wrote:
> > So: drop dual-license, or drop me. It's your choice.
>
> sorry, but if i have to choose, i'll drop you.

If this is the way you feel, then so be it.

> (unless you finish VP layer asap, then i'll re-consider :)

I won't finish the VP layer until (a) the other core developers stop
talking about idiotic dual-licensing crap and instead help me work out
the remaining problems with slices, buffer-age, etc. so we get a
system that works well and is acceptable to everyone, and (b) I know
I'm not working on a dual-licensed project to help Arpi and Gabucino
make money to take teenie girls to the beach.

IMO it's totally stupid that you guys are shoving this
proprietary-friendly system onto the rest of us (when almost all the
other developers agree it's bad!) and wasting everyone's time talking
about it instead of getting G2 working!!!

Rich