[MPlayer-G2-dev] MID proposal

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Nov 1 19:33:13 CET 2003

Hi,

> Here's my idea of a IMGFMT replacement: MID stands for MPlayer Image
> Description.
>
> MID {
> imgfmt (?)
> type (rgb or yuv)
or special: mpeg, mjpeg, cymk etc

> bpp
> depth
> chroma_x_shift
> chroma_y_shift
> num_planes (>1 -> planar)

imho:
0   -> packed
>=1 -> planar (think of grayscale)

> fields (interlacing)

why here? whats the purpose of it?

btw the definitions of MID should be constant, from a
big table also used for config layer's TYPE_IMGFMT and so on.

> MPI {
> mid
> flags
> type
> width, height
> x,y,w,h
> planes
> stride
> }
>
> The advantage of this is that it would be safe to change query_format to
> the following: query_format(vo_instance, mid, width, height) and other
> apperances of complicated imgfmt usage, it would reduce code.

agree, i also had this in mind, but i dropped due to big changes
all over the code (i wanted to avoid big changes which delay g2 a lot)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu