[MPlayer-G2-dev] [QUESTION] g1's network.c-nop-functions

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon May 26 00:44:36 CEST 2003

Hi,

> Seems that though I "need" (Its an nice extension that was there in g1)
> bandwidth, which shall be settable from comamndline/config ?
>
> How does I manage to do this with new config-layer ?

define a global var :)

> And what about several streaming-modules that need to implement this var, does
> the config-layer handle that ?
>
> I don't think it would be good to add it to stream_s therefor I'm asking for
> other ways.

i'm still thinking about the stream/demuxer layer configuration.
it's not so trivial as filters or vo drivers, as in this case the
stream/demux driver to be used is autodetected, in case of streams
it's even worse: it comes from the url:// of the url.

my best idea (but i don't liek it) up to now:

-stream vcd=/dev/hdd:speed=2:xyz=123,http=proxy=10.1.1.1:8080,mms=bw=384

so list the configuration for each module/plugin (you can put this into
config files too) and the stream/demux core will pick up the one it actually
uses.

the other way is just -stream proxy=10.1.1.1:8080,bw=384
and it will be applied to the driver selected based on url://.

both has pros and contras. better ideas?

note, that for config files the former should go, in such sytnax:
core.stream = plugindir=/usr/share/mplayer/plugins/stream/
stream.vcd = /dev/hdd:speed=2:xyz=123
stream.mms = proxy=10.1.1.1:8080,bw=384
..

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team