Iive's version Re: [MPlayer-G2-dev] g2 config - restart...

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Thu May 15 16:10:40 CEST 2003

    Hi, Arpi!

Sometime (on Wednesday, May 14 at 23:05) I've received something...

>imho it could also solve the problem of module-dependant options which may
>not be available always when parsing configfiles.

    Configfile's parser has to keep these options and application will
ask parser for these to set defaults on module open. IMHO, it's the best
solution.

>btw i don't know yet teh naming convention for core and modules.
>for example it could be:
>demuxer.soemvar=123
>demuxer.avi.something=456
>or:
>demuxer.core.somevar=123
>demuxer.avi.something=456
>or
>demuxer.core.somevar=123
>demuxer.modules.avi.something=456
>or
>demuxer.somevar=123
>demux_avi.something=456

>better ideas?

    It was something like somevar and vf:filter:something already and I
like that form with point also. So I think if we let it be:

somevar=123
demuxer.avi.something=456

then it will be the best solution since it will not change syntax as much
as possible (I'm lazy and some others too, I bet). But I don't mind if we
will get demuxer.somevar instead of somevar despite of some headache when
we will move to new syntax.

    Andriy.