[MPlayer-G2-dev] Re: pre34 & vf/vo resize problem

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Jul 14 01:14:16 CEST 2003

Hi,

> > > I'll check that, i plan to port tdfx_vid (someday in the futur).
> >
> > you should do it ASAP, i'm going to buty my new 21/24" monitor tomorrow
> > for movies/tv, and it will be connected to the voodoo3 :)
> :)) How big is that in metric unit ?

around 50-55cm (i didn't decide yet between sony g520, eizo, viewsonic and
dell 21-24" models)
not so big but my current TV is 55cm too so no (big) difference

> Now when some1 as need for it, it give some motivation. I'll try to do
> that before my holidays in france.

thanx :)

> > > It's probably not that bad that vo have to them rewrote from scratch.
> >
> > not g2's vo2 is bad, but g1's vo1 is.
> I never meant that vo2 is bad :) Just my wording wich is gone crazy.
> I meant that it's a good thing that g1 vo can't be used "as is" as
> most of them are now more a montain of hack than anything else.

:))

> > also the whole x11 window management (including messing with visuals,
> > vidmode change, xinerama, creating window, fullscreen sw. etc) are
> > moved out of vo drivers.
> That's great. X11 was always somewhat of a pain in g1.

the main goals with vo2 were that move out non-driver/device-specific
code out of the vo drivers, so we can work/fix/tets generic code wiht any vo
driver, and the vo drivers are simpler (less bugs possible).
i also moved out all x11 window management code, so guis can use their own,
and there is common x11 code for all x11 vo drivers.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu