[MPlayer-G2-dev] Developing a GTK2 GUI

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Aug 3 14:19:05 CEST 2003

Hi,

> I think the options should be in the same order as in the config_t.

yes...
config_t usually have options listed in importance order.
for example at vf layer, the most often chanegd options come first, then the
extras. we can change all config structs to look so.

> >IDEA: Every page you put, please I beg you to use a scroll-able content
> >(automatic scrollbars), so if someone have a 800x600 with big fonts,
> >things that generally looks well in 1024x768 will probably overflow the
> >screen... that happens a lot with linux gui apps :(
>
> Done.  Really good idea.  I usually run at 1280x1024 and admit I
> tend not to think about lower resolutions. :(
>
> Actually, I think I might just do this instead of tabs.
> I should be able to make the scrolling view look good, too.
> I have never tried anything like that so I'm going to have to get
> back to you.

Agree, this is a good idea.
And as we have the common options listed first, it's rare that an user have
to scroll down (only if he want to tweak special rare options of a module).

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu