[MPlayer-G2-dev] Other languages bindings?

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri gsbarbieri at yahoo.com.br
Sun Aug 3 04:06:22 CEST 2003

Hello,

Since G2 will be mainly a lib, would be cool to have bindings to other
languages, like Python, Perl, Java, Lisp, etc... So one can use those
libraries everywhere.

So, as I'm a Freevo developer and we use python, would be cool to have
a mplayer module for python so we don't need to use pipes between
mplayer and freevo, and I want to do those bindings.

What functions I may export do do so? I mean, all functions in:
dec_audio.h, sh_audio.h, dec_video.h, sh_video.h, audio_out.h and
video_out.h
That's it or I need more functions?

Also, maybe you can tell if worth implementing some extra code, so make
the life easy (I mean, implement more functions, like (if) AV
correction code is always (?) the same, so having a code to do that
instead of replicating that code everywhere...)

Anyone interested?

Gustavo