[MPlayer-dvb] On HD Channels no audio!

Raena Lea-Shannon raen at internode.on.net
Tue Oct 27 13:37:08 CET 2009

Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Mon, 26 Oct 2009, Raena Lea-Shannon wrote:
>
>> Trying scan -c not looking good.
>> scan -c
>
> It only works when you are already tuned to a transponder (such as while
> you are using mplayer to watch a channel). Just typing "scan" should
> explain this.
>
> [...]
>
>> So you mean I can enter
>> HIERARCHY_NONE:8192:
>
> Yes, you will have to use TAB (or the command line option -tsprog) to
> change between the channels on this transponder (will posibly not work
> well if some programs are encrypted).
>
>> Once I think I understand what is going on I will look at the DOCS
>> because they are a bit confusing when you are as slow as I am.
>
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/mpeg_decoders.html#dvb
> (Yes, they are confusing since written at a time when using a hardware
> decoder card was needed/standard).
>
> Please trim your quotes, Carl Eugen

IN the DOCS I would suggest that after this paragraph:

"In your audio and video fields you can use an extended syntax:
...:pid[+pid]:.[snip]... audio track, etc."

You could say: For information about channels.conf fields try
http://www.linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php/Syntax_of_channels.conf
and for information about mpeg stream terminology (ie PIDS PAT PMT PCR)
see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG_transport_stream#PAT

If there is an editing policy in the DOCS not to have links to anything
mplyer does not host then the content of these sites are GPL and CC but
I am not sure what license covers the Mplayer DOCS. So they may not be
compatible. The homepage of the Docs has Copyright © 2000-2009 MPlayer
team and no GPL. The GPL only seems to apply to the source code.