[MPlayer-dvb] mplayer fails to tune channel

Tarcisio Fedrizzi tarcisio.fedrizzi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 17:51:37 CEST 2009

Hi all,
I'm using mplayer in a freevo based work project, but I have a problem.
Mplayer works flawlessy for all medias except for DVB-T.
The card can correctly visualize channels and using other programs such as
kaffeine or tzap.
Mplayer instead is not able to tune the signal (I've even tried with kubuntu
8.10
and the alpha of the 9.10 but with the same results).
The TV card I have is "ASUSTeK P7131 Hybrid" the chipset on which is based
is the saaa7134 and the dvb tuner chip is the "Philips TDA10046H DVB-T".
I'm using kubuntu 9.04 with kernel 2.6.28.
Mplayer version is 1.0rc2-4.3.3.
I attach my channels.conf and the normal mplayer verbose log plus the strace
log.
I thank anyone that will help me to track down the problem because I need
to use mplayer for this work.

Thank you!
Best regards,
Tarcisio Fedrizzi.

P.S. Please don't hesitate to ask me whatever information you need to
        better understand the problem.