[MPlayer-dvb] can't play some atsc cable channels any more

Randall Wayth randall.wayth at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 14:13:47 CET 2008

> >Two files posted:
> >20080218_bad.ts - a channel that no longer works
> >20080218_good.ts - a channel that still works, in case this is useful.
> >
> >Thanks very much for looking into this.
>
> I can't really find any content in that file, and if it didn't suffice
> it's too small.
> Are you really sure it's supposed to be playable? If so, try to find the
>  point
> in time when mplayer stopped playing it, please, but I suppose that sample
> is just plain broken

Hi Nico,

Thanks for looking at this. I'm not 100% sure the file is supposed to be
playable. Like I said, this channel used to work, but no longer. It is
entirely possible that the cable tv company decided to encrypt it or
something. Anyway, if it looks like rubbish data to you, then I don't think
it is worth looking into any futher.

Cheers,
Randall.