[MPlayer-dvb] MPlayer-dvb Digest, Vol 53, Issue 1

Manfred admin at serv.de.eu.org
Fri Dec 12 09:03:31 CET 2008

Hello,

> i was aware that the dvb-menu.conf was broken due to the missing
> keybindings. The menu basically worked, just didnt display the
> channels from channels.conf.sat
>
> The problem is "solved" by going back to MPlayer-1.0rc2. I was
> using mplayer-export-2008-12-03. This certain svn snapshot isnt
> working. I ll try to compile the latest svn tonight.  if its not
> working i ll wait for the next RC.

i compiled yesterday the latest svn trunk. <devsel> is definetely
broken.

It seems the dvbsel menu is not initialised under certain circumstances.
The menu itself works flawless, but not the dvbsel submenu.

Examples:

mplayer some_movie.avi  /* <dvbsel> works and lists all channels

mplayer dvb:// 		   /* <dvbsel> doesnt work
mplayer dvb://"channel"    /* <dvbsel> doesnt work
mplayer dvb://1@"channel"  /* <dvbsel> doesnt work

If i open an AVI and then use the dvbsel menu to switch to
satellite TV it works until the channel changes format. This
happens quite often while advertising breaks. Some ads are
16:9, some 4:3. Once the format changes between two ads the
dvbsel menu stops working. Thats why i think it is not
initialized when mplayer (re)initializes in dvb:// mode.

Not a big deal, because v1.0rc2 has all features i need.
I just wanted to let you guys know.