[MPlayer-dvb] not smooth dvb image

Mario Rossi mariofutire at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 30 19:28:54 CEST 2007

 >> I've tried to play with postprocessing and now I'm using
 >>
 >> -vf pp=lb
 >>
 >> There are no errors from dvb. Other than that issue, the image is
 >> perfect.
 >>
 >> Using the most recent svn code, on a Fedora 7, kernel 2.6.22.5
 >>
 >> Cheers

 >judging form your description the broadcast is interlaced.
 >pp=lb is an option, but -vf yadif=0 is surely much better

I've tried and they both improve the quality but not completely.
I didn't say that those horizontal bars are 0.5 cm height.

I've uploaded a sample

http://xoomer.alice.it/enodetti/log/stream.dump

If you look *very* carefully at the face of the man speaking, you can
see what I mean. (especially around the eyes).

Thanks