[MPlayer-dvb] not smooth dvb image

Mario Rossi mariofutire at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 30 07:16:41 CEST 2007

Hi,

I've noticed while playing dvb-t tv (uk london) that MPlayer does not
show a fully smooth picture.
Nothing too serious.

Hard to describe, but when the picture does not move too fast, if I look
carefully at a vertical line, I can see that it is not continuous.
It's like the image was made of many horizontal bars, which are 1 pixel
shifted right or left.

As I said, you need to find a slow moving scene and check for a vertical
edge.

Since I don't find the same on a TV it might be a bad choice of parameters.

I've tried to play with postprocessing and now I'm using

-vf pp=lb

There are no errors from dvb. Other than that issue, the image is perfect.

Using the most recent svn code, on a Fedora 7, kernel 2.6.22.5

Cheers