[MPlayer-dvb] MPlayer-dvb Digest, Vol 44, Issue 1

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Wed May 2 17:17:38 CEST 2007

Suresh S wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Using Linux DVB API version 3, I want to access the video decoder memory(h/w decoder) for getting the video frames. I am using Linux DVB API version 3, so I cant use v4l as well for this.
>
>Could you please give me idea to fetch the decoder memroy.
>
>Thanks
>-SSMadurai

why don't you re-read what I wrote before posting 3 times the same
question??
with  the DVB api you can tune the card and instruct the hw decoders to
do their job.
At the same time you can use the V4L api to access the decoder's frame
buffer
and grab the decoded frames.
e.g.

on one terminal:
$ tzap -r RaiUno
on another terminal:
$ mplayer tv:// -tv ....

There's really nothing else to do. In mplayer/stream there is code to access
both  the dvb device proper and the tv devices.

 Sponsor:
 Analisi di Bilancio: come capire correttamente un bilancio aziendale
* Esempi, modelli pratici, software utili
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=6199&d=2-5