[MPlayer-dvb] Record dvb-t on Ubuntu linux

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Tue Mar 27 09:40:34 CEST 2007

Moisés Pérez wrote:

> Hello!!
> I'm using a Ubuntu linux and running Mplayer with a dvb-T USB CARD
> The USB CArd works correctly and I can use the tools scan, dvbstream,
> etc....
>
> I want to record my favorite dvb-t channels and I found in docs the
> way to
> do it:
>
> mplayer -dumpfile r1.ts -dumpstream dvb://CHANNEL
>
> Or in avi file:
>
> mencoder -o r1.avi -ovc xvid -xvidencopts bitrate=800 -oac mp3lame
> -lameopts cbr:br=128 -pp=ci dvb://CHANNEL

unless your  computer is powerful enough you had better downscale if you
want to encode
in real-time and not lose frames:
-vf scale=512:-10

> The second doesn't work, but it isn't the problem, the problem is that I
> want to do this record at night, programing it with cron or at
>
> My question is that I can't found a way to do a  record with mplayer of a
> determined duration, as 50 minutes.
>
> I've being searching and I found and way to do this for recording
> audio with
> mims, which supports this option:
>
> and if this option isn't available; I've thougth doing a script and
> launch
> it with cron, but how can i stop it after a determined duration??

add -endpos 00:50:00 to your command line.
You script is perfectly fine in a cronjob, just make sure that
- either your mencoder is in tha the standard PATH
- or prepend mencoder's path in the cron file
- your cron script is actually executable and your can actually write
in the target directory :)

 Sponsor:
 Logos Finanziaria SPA. Società di credito ad erogazione diretta. Fino a 30.000 euro in 24 ore! Clicca e scopri come
*
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid)09&d'-3