[MPlayer-dvb] Support for New Zealand H.264 DVB-T streams

Steven Ellis lists at stevencherie.net
Wed Dec 12 01:20:25 CET 2007

The DTT service has just started testing in NZ with a mix of HD and SD
H.264 stream spread across 3 multiplexes.

Thanks to the list archive I now have a working channels.conf that allows
playback, albeit with errors, of these streams with mplayer. I've been
posting the detail on making this work at http://mythtv.co.nz

My biggest problem was realizing I needed to include the PMT information
in the channels.conf file as this doesn't appear to be documented
anywhere.

Now I hit the video playback problems detailed at
http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/?p=43. It appears the video is using PAFF
based  interlaced encoding which reports the following error

[h264 @ 0x86a46b0]Interlaced pictures + spatial direct mode is not
implemented

Any ideas or other options on what I can do at this stage?

Steve