[MPlayer-dvb] Mencoder and DVB-C Non-FTA channels

Jonas R-M jonasrm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 14:07:18 CEST 2006

On 9/18/06, Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at email.it> wrote:
> Jonas Roum-Møller wrote:
>
> >But how would i combine these two? I can switch to the channel using
> >czap but the dvb://CHANNEL would do exactly the same or "re-tune" the
> >channel?
> >
> >Regards,
> >Jonas
> >

> I wrote mencoder -
>
> mencoder -of mpeg ... - < /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0

Sorry my mistake, didn't notice stdin. :)

This method works with FTA but still does not de-scramble the signal
(it would seem).

I use:
czap -r CHANNEL  (which reports FE_HAS_LOCK)
mencoder -of mpeg -o file.mpg - < /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0
which then reports:

Reading from stdin...
success: format: 0  data: 0x0 - 0x0
TS file format detected.
DEMUX OPEN, AUDIO_ID: -1, VIDEO_ID: -1, SUBTITLE_ID: -2,
PROBING UP TO 2000000, PROG: 0
NO VIDEO! NO AUDIO!  NO SUBS (yet)!
Opened TS demuxer, audio: ffffffff(pid -1), video: ffffffff(pid
-1)...POS=0, PROBE=2000000
Video stream is mandatory!

Regards,
Jonas